Tune into this episode to hear from Zack Fried, transracial adoptee, discuss black history month, race and transracial adoption.
Topics covered include:
- The importance of Black History Month, and black history year round
- The power of kids in our society
- Personal reflections on growing up as person that is multiple minorities (black, gay, transracial adoptee)
- Growing up as a minority within the family
- Dating as a minority
- Parent responsibilities as it relates to preparing a child for dealing with racial issues
- The white savior complex and adoption - what is it? how to avoid it?
- Black role models past and present
This is an incredible conversation and a very important one at that. Please tune in and share!